✔ Are you a Senior Mental Health Professional (e.g. consultant clinical psychologist or similar)?
✔ Do you have a good academic knowledge?
✔ Are you conscientious and reliable?
✔ Do you have a clear, expressive voice?
✔ Do you tend to take a positive and constructive view of people and things?
✔ Do you want to run courses within your own organization or, alternatively, to run courses outside of your organization, on a fee-for-service basis?
✔ Do you have a aptitude for presenting information?
If the answer is 'Yes' to all of the above questions then you are eligible to apply to become an accredited APT Tutor.
There are 6 steps:
1. Check your eligibility.
2. Apply by submitting your abbreviated curriculum vitae.
3. If your brief c.v. is suitable, we will ask you to submit the names of two referees.
4. If your references are suitable, you sit a short online course (free of charge) all about how to present APT courses and the standards required.
5. When you pass the exam at the end of that course, you can then run your chosen APT course, normally in your own organisation. The course has the full workbooks, certification and APT-accreditation for the delegates on the courses.
6. When you have run 3 such courses to the required APT standard then you are accepted as an APT Tutor, and at that point (but not before) can describe yourself as such on your CV and elsewhere.